Get on the path to results today.
First is thing is to contect any close family members and to locate the Will to be recorded. A proper estate plan will provide thorough instructions on funeral arrangements, memorials and the transfer of monies and property in the estate. With a proper plan many assets will go directly to trust or to a specific beneficiarry and skip the probate process there may still be some personal property left over or something of the sort. Below are the steps of the probate and estate administration process:
1. Recording the deceased will in the Circuit Court where they lived at the time.
2. Qualification as executor or personal representative, may require a surety, probate tax return and list of heirs.
3. Notifying the heirs as required by law.
4. Gathering together the deceased estate and paying final expenses and taxes.
5. Filing and inventory and annual accountings with the Commissioner of Accounts.
6. Distributing the remaining assets to the beneficiaries.
Sometimes disputes may arise regarding beneficiary distributions or exector instructions. We can either assist or serve in the role to help stop disputes in the early stages.
We can either provide assitance as needed or take the matter off your plate and handle it in it's entirety. Call 540-319-4111 to get advice right away.
Our firm can help you administer a simple or complex trust by:
1. Proper Investment of the funds according to your wishes.
2. Managing Expenses like property maintainence or hiring others.
3. Distributing Funds to family and other beneficiaries,
4. Keeping Records as is required by law and for accounting purposes.
5. Paying Taxes on income retained by the trust.
6. Complying with regulations regarding minors, those with special needs, or creditors to maximize ggov't benefits or minimize against loss.
We can arrange for more specific services such as property and financial asset management at your request.
We can help you leave your mark. Call 540-319-4111,