Are you interested in a Career with Tarris Law? We are currently interested in filling the following positions:
Law Office Assistant
Location: Lexington, VA
Job Description: As a Law Office Assistant with Tarris Law, you will assist a supervising attorney in the exciting and fast-paced operations of a full-service law practice. You will be responsible for managing client relationships from start to finish, organizing the office, and promoting the firm. This position is perfect for recent graduates who are looking for a career with advancement opportunities, who value living in an area with a high quality of life, and most importantly are interested in pursuing a legal career.
About Tarris Law:
Tarris Law is a full-service law firm, based in Lexington Virginia. It’s founder Jonathan Tarris started the firm in November 2016 following a career as a financial planner with a Fortune 500 company and as an international contracts negotiator. The firm assists clients with their personal, business, and estate planning needs. Jonathan values a positive culture at the firm, one that is pleasant, productive, and modern.
Lexington is situated in the heart of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley yet is only 1 hour away from Roanoke, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Lynchburg, and Blacksburg, 2 hours from Richmond, 3 hours to DC, and 4 hours to Virginia Beach, Baltimore, Charlotte, Ashville, and Raleigh. Lexington has a variety of entertainment including an abundance of outdoor trails, waterways, & parks, a healthy downtown shopping, eating & social scene, numerous live music, theater & community events, and plenty of intellectual opportunities at the universities.
- Prepare and file legal documents
- Perform client intake using CRM
- Manage cases with practice management software
- Perform billing and bookkeeping
- Greet clients with a warm & friendly demeanor
- Run errands as needed
- Perform word processing and data entry tasks
- Prepare documents, projects, & presentations
- Manage firm’s social media presence
- Assist in the evaluation of marketing decisions
- Have or be in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate clearly with others in person and over the phone
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Willingness to ask questions and ability to learn quickly
- Retirement Plan with up to a 10% match of salary.
- Disability Insurance Coverage
- 2x Salary in Life Insurance benefit
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Chamber of Commerce Membership
- Jaycees Membership
- Social Events & Engagements
- Discounts at Local Businesses
- 50% off in-house legal planning services
- Paralegal Certification & other valuable training
- Opportunities for promotion and career advancement
- Pay dependent upon experience
How to Apply
Email us at info@TarrisLaw.com and explain why you want a legal career with the firm and what you bring to the table. Please attach a copy of your resume and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Put “Career” in the subject line.