Use our legal health checklist to see if you have everything you need to be legally protected.
When you turn 18 you need:
- A Will to determine how your assets will be distributed.
- A Financial Power of Attorney appoints someone to make your financial decisions if you become unable.
- A Living Will & Health Care Directive to make advance decisions regarding your healthcare and last wishes.
- Insurance Policies to cover assets and liabilities.
When you trade a vehicle or other expensive goods you need:
- A Bill of Sale to detail the terms of sale for an item.
- A Purchase Order as evidence of the terms to purchase goods in case a disagreement occurs.
When you move into a new home you need:
- Purchase Agreements and Deeds as evidence of the terms of a purchase and details of the rights to a property in case of disagreements or future transfers.
- Rental/Lease Agreements to dictate warranties, protections and responsibilities.
When you are married you need:
- A Marriage Agreement to formalize expectations of a new or existing marriage.
- Property Assignments to describe what is joint and individually owned property.
When you have children you need:
- A Trust funded with savings or life insurance to make sure you family is provided for.
- A Parenting/Custody Agreement to make sure you don’t fight over the kids.
When you have a business you need:
- Ownership/Operating Agreements to dictate how the business will be owned and operated.
- Employment Agreements to formalize the terms and expectations of a working relationship.
- Copyrights, Patents, & Trademarks to protect your intellectual property.
- Buy-Sell Agreements to ensure the business is transferred properly.
When accidents occur you need:
- A Retainer Agreement so you have an attorney ready to advise you on the best course ahead.
If you need any assistance with a legal matter please contact Tarris Law now.